Local legislation in the Village of Machesney Park is provided by the elected Village Board of Trustees comprised of nine elected officials: the Village President (Mayor), Village Clerk, Village Treasurer, and six Village Trustees, each of whom is elected to a four-year term. Also sitting on the Board to serve in an advisory capacity, is the Village Attorney.
To find out which Trustee represents your geographic location within the Village, please view a complete map of the Village’s Trustee boundaries here, or visit the 6 trustee information pages below. If you would like to send a Trustee or Elected Official an e-mail, you can do so by e-mailing email@example.com and titling the e-mail with the name and title of the elected official you are addressing, or by visiting the trustee’s page directly.
To view a list of all current elected officials, their titles, and their contact information, please click here.
Updated Village Board of Trustees Picture Coming Soon
Board of Trustee Meetings
Our elected officials serve on a variety of specialized committees, as well as board for the bi-monthly Village Board Meeting. The meeting of the Village Board of Trustees convenes on the first and third Monday of every month at 6:00 PM (CST) in the Board Room of the Frank G. Bauer Municipal Hall (Village Hall) at 300 Roosevelt Rd. (Please Note: If the first or third Monday is a holiday there is no Board Meeting and the official meeting will occur the day following the holiday (Tuesday). If there is a fifth Monday of any given month, there is no board meeting.)
Agendas, Minutes, & Videos
For your convenience, the Village has a page on this website dedicated to the Agendas, Minutes, and Videos of all Board of Trustee Meetings. You can find this page here, or by following the drop down menu under Home >> Forms & Documents >> Agendas & Minutes.
Agendas: The Board of Trustee Meeting Agendas are posted on the Village website on the Thursday prior to the upcoming meeting. The Agenda for each committee will be posted separately, on the pages assigned to each specialized committee. Please see below.
Videos: The Village records all Board of Trustee meetings and posts them to the both the Village’s YouTube Channel and a link on the Village’s website.
Minutes: The minutes from each Board of Trustee meeting will be posted to the Village website after they are approved. Minutes must first be approved by the Board of Trustees at the following meeting before they are posted (ex: January 5th meeting minutes are approved at the January 19th meeting, then posted).
Committees & Commissions
- Administration & Finance Committee (AF). Meets the first and third Monday at 5:45 p.m. prior to a scheduled Village Board Meeting. This committee is responsible for oversight of Village administrative and financial matters. The committee advises the Village Board on matters of expenditures and certain areas of administrative procedure. Voting members of the committee are made up of Village board members, resident(s) of the community, and the Village President. This Committee is comprised of three (3) Trustees and two Citizen members with advisers being Village Attorney and Finance Manager.
- Public Improvements & Safety Committee (PIS). Meets the third Monday of each month at 5:30 p.m. This committee is responsible for providing advice and recommendations to the Village Board on matters relating to public property, infrastructure, oversight of police services, and matters related to public health, safety, and welfare. Voting members of the committee are made up of Village board members, resident(s) of the community, and the Village President. This Committee is comprised of three (3) Trustees and Three (3) Citizen members with advisers from Administration, Public Works, Police, and Village Engineer.
- Planning & Economic Development Committee (PED). Meets the first Monday of each month at 5:30 p.m. This committee is responsible for providing advice and recommendations to the Village Board on matters relating to economic development, long-term strategic planning, Tax Increment Finance (TIF), special use permits, variances, and subdivision platting. Voting members of the committee are made up of Village board members, resident(s) of the community, and the Village President. This Committee is comprised of three (3) Trustees and two (2) Citizen members with advisers from Administration, Planning, Zoning, Economic Development, Community Development, Finance, Public Works and Village Engineer.
- Planning and Zoning Commission (PZC). Meets the fourth Monday of each month at 6:00 p.m. Members of this commission are appointed to the commission by the Village President subject to confirmation by the Village Board. The Planning Commission is responsible to the Village Board of Trustees for holding public hearings and making recommendations regarding the comprehensive plan, tentative plats, site development, zoning map amendments, street and alley vacations, flood control, map amendments, special use permits, zoning code text amendments, variances, and appeals. This Commission is comprised of seven (7) Citizen members with advisers from Village Attorney, Planning and Zoning, Community Development, Public Works, and Village Engineer.
- Liquor Commission. Meets regularly as called by the Liquor Commissioner. This commission is responsible for carrying out and enforcing ordinances and state statutes, where applicable, relating to the licensing, sale and distribution of liquor within the boundaries of the Village. The Village President acts as the Liquor Commissioner. This Commission is comprised of the Mayor (Village President) who serves as the Liquor Commissioner, three (3) Trustees and one (1) Citizen commission member.
- Revolving Fund Sub-Committee (RF). Meets at the call of the Committee Adviser. This committee is responsible for providing advice and recommendations to the Village Board on matters relating to stimulating economic growth within the Village of Machesney Park through providing needed financial assistance to new start-up businesses, assisting new or existing businesses to create and retain jobs, providing businesses with the opportunity to expand, and to encourage and leverage financial assistance to businesses by area private financial institutions. The Revolving Fund Committee is chaired by a Village board member and is made up of three local bank representatives. This Committee is comprised of one (1) Trustee and three (3) Financial Institutions with advisers from Village Attorney, Finance Manager, and Community Development.
Volunteer Application to Serve on one of the Village’s committees.