The Village Administrator, Tim Savage, is the chief administrative officer of the Village and is responsible to the Mayor and Village Board of Trustees for the daily administration and operations of the Village. Unless otherwise directed by the village board, the Village Administrator shall have the administration and control of all matters and things pertaining to the operation and maintenance of the properties of the Village and of all departments of the Village.
The Village Administrator carries out the policies and implements the goals established by the Village Board of Trustees in providing services to the residents of the Village in the most effective and economical manner. The Village Administrator’s office is responsible for the following:
- Proper and efficient administration of all operations of the Village, except as otherwise provided by law;
- Facilitation of village administration and functions through coordination of various Village departments;
- Ensuring that the staff provides quality service and continuous improvement in processes;
- Supervisory responsibility over Village staff;
- Coordination and communication with elected officials;
- Coordination with state and federal elected officials in effectuating positive legislation and funding programs in the Village of Machesney Park;
- Ensuring that the ordinances, resolutions and regulations of the Village Board of Trustees and laws of the state, subject to enforcement by the administrator, are faithfully executed and enforced;
- Annual preparation of a proposed balanced operating budget, a capital budget and a capital improvements program for the Village;
- Promotion and coordination of community relations and public affairs program; and, responding to residents questions and concerns.
Special Video (August 2015): Comcast Connects with Machesney Park – view the video recording of Mayor Bolin & Administrator Savage on Comcast discussing hot topics within the Village such as growth, job creating, taxes, public safety, infrastructure, and more!
The Village’s Administrative Assistant/Deputy Clerk, Penny Olson, has lived in Machesney Park her entire life…. even before it was Machesney Park! She grew up here and graduated from Harlem High School. Penny received her Bachelors’ Degree in Human Services from Judson University and her Masters’ Degree in Public Administration from Upper Iowa University.
Penny has been employed by the Village of Machesney Park for 25 years. She has worked at the Village since May of 1989 and served under five mayors.
Penny serves the Village of Machesney Park as its Administrative Assistant. In addition, she is responsible for Accounts Payable functions and serves as Deputy Clerk and Collector for the Village.
Jean Davison is the Village’s Receptionist/Administrative Assistant, and she is responsible for coordinating office relations on an everyday basis and working with the Accounting Manager/Human Resources Director on a variety of projects such as balancing the Village’s budget.