Laura LaRosa serves as the Building Clerk for the Village of Machesney Park, which utilizes the City of Loves Park Building Department to complete inspections. The purpose of permits and inspections is to protect the life, health, and safety of all citizens of Machesney Park by monitoring all buildings through code enforcement and abatement of code enforcement and code violations. This is achieved by regulating various business activities through the issuance of permits and appropriate inspections to facilitate compliance.
Therefore it is incumbent upon the Building Department through responsible review and inspection of all construction activities within the corporate limits of the Village that they perform the following of activities associated with their daily operations:
- Inspection of residential, commercial, and industrial buildings for compliance with applicable codes and ordinances
- Issuing all building and construction permits
- Issuing Certificates of Occupancy
- Review industry building standards
- Review construction documents for compliance with applicable Village Codes and Ordinances.
The Village of Machesney Park is currently utilizing the below codes:
- (2003) ICC Intl Building Codes
- (2003) ICC Intl Res. Code for 1-2 Family Dwellings
- (2003) National Electric Code
- (2004) IDPH Illinois Plumbing Code
- (2003) ICC Intl Mechanical Code
- (1997) CDB Illinois Accessibility Code
- (2006) Intl Property Maintenance Code
Building & Zoning Permits
Permits & applications for building & zoning activities within the Village of Machesney Park can be found here.
Please Feel free to call the Village at (815) 877-6072 if you have any questions about building permits or pricing.
Building permits can be obtained during normal Village Hall operating days, Monday through Friday, from 8:00am-11:00am & 12:00pm-4:00pm.
Application Requirements When applying for new single family home permits, the following items are required at the time of application:
- Completed building, zoning, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical permits
- Proposed survey
- Approval letter from Homeowner’s Association and/or developer, if required
- All permit fees as per Village Code Chapter 100
For more information on permits, inspections, codes, and survey requirements, contact the Building Department.
Commercial & Manufacturing Construction
The following are required at the time of application:
- Four complete sets of architecturally stamped drawings
- 1 complete set of digital drawings
- A copy of the contractor licenses for roofing and plumbing contractors, if applicable
- Food Service Businesses: submit a kitchen layout to the Winnebago County Health Department
- Reviews will be completed by: Planning & Zoning, Engineering, Structural & MEPs, and the Fire Department
*Note: ALL permit fees must be paid for prior to beginning any construction activities.
Applying for a permit property owners will need the following information in order to apply for permits:
- Permit application
- Legible copy of legal Plat of Survey showing existing building and setbacks to lot lines
- Contractor information, if one is being used
Please contact Building Department for all inspection requirements for each permit issued. You must request a final inspection 24 hours in advance and Final Inspections are not taken over the phone. You must request the final inspection must be done in person at Village Hall to insure all required inspections have been completed.