The Village of Machesney Park is actively monitoring the activities surrounding the spread of the novel coronavirus known as COVID-19. The Village will provide periodic updates on this webpage as information becomes available. The Winnebago County Health Department is the lead agency for public health in our area and they are working directly with the Illinois Department of Public Health to manage this event. The Village is in communication with County representatives on a regular basis to ensure that Machesney Park residents and businesses are well-informed.
On January 25, 2021, the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) announced that Region 1 (Boone, Carroll, DeKalb, Jo Daviess, Lee, Ogle, Stephenson, Whiteside, & Winnebago Counties) has moved into Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois Plan effective today. A Phase 4 Guidelines Overview can be found on the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity website or by clicking here.
The Village encourages residents to use reliable sources of information for best practices to reduce the spread of this new virus. Residents should call the Illinois Department of Public Health at 1-800-889-3931 to have all of your COVID-19 questions answered, or you can email DPH.SICK@ILLINOIS.GOV.
If, at any point, you feel that you may be experiencing symptoms of the coronavirus, please make sure you call your health care provider before you visit your doctor or an urgent/immediate/prompt care facility.
There are numerous Covid-19 testing sites available throughout the Rockford area. Click here for a list of local testing locations.
- The Village will continue to deliver all government services, including Public Safety, Public Works, and Community Development, even if an outbreak occurs in our community. Village Hall will remain open to the public, however, Village staff will not be having direct contact with anyone who enters the lobby area to limit the possible spread of the virus.
- Leaf burning is allowed during the months of April and November, however, due to the respiratory nature of the Covid-19 cornonavirus, the Village is strongly discouraging controlled burning of leaf or yard waste.
- The Sheriff’s Department will maintain service levels and be responding to emergency calls. Non-emergency requests for contact with a Sheriff’s Deputy will be addressed via telephone (815-262-2600) until further notice.
- All Village board and committee meetings will occur as scheduled, but the public is not yet allowed to attend the meetings in person. All meetings are livestreamed and can be accessed by clicking here. Information for how to make a public comment regarding any agenda item is available by clicking here.
- Visit the Destination Machesney social media pages to view information regarding local restaurants offering drive-thru / pick-up / deliveries and special offers from local businesses.
- Building permits will continue to be issued by the Village. Please submit permit applications by email (when possible) and pay for them by credit card online or by phone. For a complete list of construction improvements that require building permits, click here.
- All building inspections for commercial buildings and new residential construction will continue. Please note that inspectors may take up to 3-4 days to perform their inspections. The Village contracts through the City of Loves Park for building inspections (815-654-5033). All inspections of occupied residential structures have been deferred to a later date. This deferral does not negate the need to obtain building permits or inspections – both are required.
- Rock River Disposal will continue to remove garbage and recycling as normal with the following changes:
- Residents are asked to bag their garbage (not including recyclables) and dispose of bags in the totes as you normally would to minimize the risk of exposure to Rock River Disposal employees.
- At this time, yard waste and recycling services are unaffected by the changes; however, Rock River Disposal does anticipate changes to yard waste and recycling programs.