The Finance and Human Resources Manager, Michelle Johannsen, heads the Finance Department which is a service department, servicing both external and internal customers. The residents of Machesney Park are our external customers. The department serves as the main billing and collection agent of the Village. Items such as accounts receivable, the processing of traffic tickets, building permits, liquor licenses, and all other miscellaneous billings are conducted in the department. Internally, the Department provides services to the Village such as payroll, accounts payable, purchasing, accounting, and budget assistance.
The Finance department records the financial transactions to present the financial position of the Village’s funds in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) promulgated by the Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB). The staff compiles interim financial information to facilitate management control of financial operations and oversees various special audits of the Village’s financial records.
The Finance Department also prepares the annual operating budget of the Village. The budget process involves balancing revenues and expenditures, developing program objectives and producing both the proposed and approved budgets. The Finance Department performs budget analysis during the year and monitors revenues, expenditures, and performance of each department.
- Budget Document & Ordinance FY2021-2022
- Budget Document FY2020-2021
- Budget Ordinance FY2020-2021
- Budget Document FY2019-2020
- Budget Ordinance FY2019-2020
- Budget Document FY2018-2019
- Budget Ordinance FY2018-2019
- Budget Document FY2017-2018
- Budget Ordinance FY2017-2018
- Budget Document FY2016-2017
- Budget – FY2016-2017
- Budget – FY2015-2016
- Budget – FY2014-2015
- Budget – FY2013-2014
Finance & HR Manager
Audit Annual Financial Report
Pursuant to Public Act 97-0609, effective January 1, 2012, an amendment to the Open Meetings Act requires an IMRF employer to post information regarding employee compensation.
Among the law’s requirements are the following:
1. Within 6 business days of approving the annual budget, an IMRF employer must post the total compensation package for each employee receiving a total compensation package that exceeds $75,000; and
2. At least 6 days prior to an IMRF employer approving an employee’s total compensation package that is equal to or in excess of $150,000 per year, the employer must post the total compensation package for that employee.
For the purposes of this Act, “total compensation package” includes: salary, health insurance, housing allowance, vehicle allowance, clothing allowance, bonuses, loans, vacation days granted, and sick days granted.
A copy of this information is posted in the Village Clerk’s office and may be obtained by contacting the Village Clerk at 815-877-5432 or Village of Machesney Park, 300 Roosevelt Road, Machesney Park, IL 61115.