• IDHA Information

    Illinois Housing Development Authority Information. Frequently Asked Questions. Click Here for more information on “IHDA Information.

    • Open Burning

    • Burning of materials grown on the property which is the site of open burning, such as leaves, tree limbs, or branches and bushes, may be burned only during the months of April (April 1st – 30th) and November (November 1st – 30th) of each year from sun up to 9:00 p.m. All open burning must be attended to at all times, and be controlled burns with safety precautions present such as a fire extinguisher, garden hose, etc.

      Outside of open burning months, all yard waste must be removed through garbage collection services by placing your yard waste in an approved container marked with an “X”, using recyclable yard waste bags, or by bundling your sticks and limbs into 3-5 feet bundles.”Open Burning.

      • Recreational Fires

      • Recreational fires is defined as “an occasional burning of fuels for legitimate campfire, recreational or cooking purpose.”  A recreational fire must be contained in a fire safe vessel, pit, fire ring or a device designed for such use provided that:   a) Burning for the purpose of campfires, recreation and cooking shall be limited to untreated dry wood, which does not exceed 22 inches in length and 11 inches in diameter;   b) Such fires are completely extinguished by midnight and not re-ignited until 6:00 a.m. the following morning;   c) Burning shall not be within 10 feet of any structure and shall be in a safe area where it will not constitute a fire hazard to any structure, trees, vegetation or undergrowth;   d) The fire at all times must be monitored and attended by an adult of at least 18 years of age until the fire is extinguished; and,   e) Buckets, shovels, garden hoses or fire extinguishers shall be available for immediate use.

        • Yard Waste

        • From April 15th until December 15th yard waste removal is provided at each residential dwelling unit. Yard waste may be placed out with the regular garbage for removal. Yard waste must be place in the “kraft” paper yard waste bags or may be placed in any 33 gallon or less garbage can with an “X” marked on the side. Tree trimmings must be cut in four (4) foot sections and weigh nor more than forty (40) pounds and can be handled by one individual. Plastic bags, sod, dirt, stones and rocks cannot be accepted with yard waste due to compost site regulations.

          • Refuse / Recycle

          • Click here for more information with regard to the local waste hauler.

            Click Here for more information on “Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful.”

            • National Flood Insurance Program

            • The National Flood Insurance Program makes Federally backed flood insurance available to homeowners, renters, and business owners in more than 22,000 communities across the Nation. Just a few inches of water from a flood can cause tens of thousands of dollars in damage. Over the past 5 years, the average paid flood insurance claim was nearly $34,000. Flood insurance is the best way to protect yourself from devastating financial loss. Flood insurance is available to homeowners, renters, condo owners/renters, and commercial owners/renters. Costs vary depending on how much insurance is purchased, what it covers and the property’s flood risk. All policy forms provide coverage for buildings and contents. However, you might want to discuss insuring personal property with your agent, since contents coverage is optional. Typically, there’s a 30-day waiting period from date of purchase before your policy goes into effect. That means now is the best time to buy flood insurance.  Click here for more information.

              • Flood Mitigation / Property Buyout Program

              • The Flood Mitigation / Property Buyout Program is a voluntary program of the Village that is funded through grant money obtained from Federal and State agencies that support disaster recovery.  Click here for more information.

                • Utility Companies

                • The Village is served by Commonwealth Edison (ComEd) [1-800-334-7661] (www.comed.com), Comcast Communication Services [888-736-6608](www.comcast.com), Frontier Communication Services [1-877-394-5966](internet.frontier.com), Hughes Net [1-877-510-1581](internet.hughesnet.com), Nicor Gas [1-888-642-6748](www.nicor.com), North Park Water District [1-815-633-5461], Rock River Disposal Services (garbage)[1-815-965-2489], and Rock River Water Reclamation District (sanitary sewer) [1-815-387-7400]

                  • Animal Control Ordinance

                  • By and between the Village of Machesney Park and the County of Winnebago. Please contact the Winnebago County Animal Control unit at 815-319-4100 for any issues or concerns.