The Village does not require businesses to obtain a general business license. However, there are specific businesses that do require a license. Each of the licenses below are mandated by Chapter 9, 10, 16, and 24 of the Machesney Park Municipal Code. Refer to these chapters for enforcement and penalty procedures.
In addition to the license required by the State of Illinois, the Village of Machesney Park requires that all establishments that sell alcoholic beverages obtain a municipal liquor license. Licenses are valid from May 1 – April 30 of each year. You may submit a new application or renew your license online here.
Liquor License Classifications & Fee Schedule
- Class A $1,500: On-premise consumption and retail carryout in original package
- Class B $1,500: Retail carryout in original package; no on-site consumption
- Class C $700: On-premise consumption of beer and wine only
- Class R $1,500: On-premise consumption only for restaurants (at least 50% of sales is food)
- Class BB $2,500: On-premise consumption which has video gaming terminals
- Class G $1,000: Video gaming; must accompany a current A, B, C, or R license
- Class RB $300: Bring your own bottle of wine in a sit-down restaurant; must hold a current R license
- Class P $300: On-premise consumption for outdoor patios to license holders
- Class SU $100/day: Special use license (liquor permit) for Illinois licensed liquor retailer
- Class SE $100/day: Special event license (liquor permit) for Illinois licensed liquor retailer
Tobacco & Alternative Nicotine Products License
The Village of Machesney Park requires that all tobacco and alternative nicotine product retailers obtain a municipal license. Licenses are valid from May 1 – April 30 for $150 per annum. You may submit a new application or renew your license online here.
Miscellaneous Business Licenses
The following businesses are required to obtain an operating license:
- Amusement/Arcade License
- Hotel/Motel License
- Movie Theater License
Please contact Village Hall at (815) 877-5432 for more information regarding business licenses.